J John is known for his spirituality and his faith. He is also famous for his inexhaustible fund of one-liners. It’s half term, and things are quieter. So let’s look at some examples of his sense of humour.
Choosing Hymns for Various Groups
- Dentists: Crown him with many crowns.
- Building Contractors: How firm a foundation.
- Midwives: Come, labour on.
- Gofers: There is a green hill far away
- Politicians: Standing on the promises
- Librarians: Let all mortal flesh keep silence
- Lawyers: In the hour of trial
- Dry Cleaners: O for a faith that will not shrink
- Credit Card Users: A charge to keep have I
- Census Takers: All people that on earth do dwell….
The art of writing references is a tricky one. Here are some of J John’s suggestions as to how you can tell the truth and not get sued.
- To describe an inept person: “I enthusiastically recommend this candidate with no qualifications whatever.”
- To describe an ex-employee who has a hard time getting on with people: “I am pleased to say that this candidate is a former colleague of mine.”
- To describe an unproductive candidate : “I can assure you that no person would be better for the job.”
- To describe an applicant not worth consideration: “I would urge you to waste no time making this candidate an offer of employment.”
How to Boost Your Spiritual Life in the Lockdown
Go to J John’s YouTube channel. Scroll down the page and you will find for a huge fund of spiritually uplifting 60 seconds of wisdom. Smile and pray.