Services of worship on Sunday are suspended for the foreseeable future.
- We aim to stream a service every Sunday morning at 11:00am.
- It will appear this week on the St John’s website and Facebook
- Those who are not able to join us at that point can watch it later on.
- It will be a service of Morning Prayer with a sermon.
- Sadly, we cannot admit members of the congregation..
- It is a joint service for both congregations even though it starts at 11am.
- There won’t be any solos from the vicar.
We will begin to broadcast this service on Mothering Sunday. We will record this one in advance. Once we are confident that we can stream it live without a hitch, we will attempt that.
What More Can We Do?
I would love to have members of the congregation to read the lesson onto their phone. They can then send the video to the parish office and we can display it on the TV screens and transmit it during the service. Please email Raymond or the parish office to let me know that you would like to do that.
It would also be good to have members of the congregation leading prayers on video or sharing their experiences of God being with them in these difficult days. The whole service should last about 40 -45 minutes.
Opening the Church and Wednesday Streaming
Raymond will say Morning Prayer in church every morning at 8:30am. If it becomes possible to allow a small number of worshippers to join him, we will let you know. However, we need to be careful not to contravene the official guidance.
We aim to stream the service on Wednesdays
- It will be slightly longer, running from 8:30am to 9:00am
- There will be a 10 minute talk
- We will encourage congregation members to video themselves leading prayers or readings. This will give us a chance just to see each other.
The church will be open from 9am to 10am Monday to Friday this week for private prayer as long as we preserve social distancing.